• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag&Drop "submit" button and hand cursor - Captivate 9

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike normal quizzes "submit" buttons, the Captivate 9 Drag&Drop "submit" button doesn't seem able to show the hand cursor at mouseover.

When importing a project from Captivate 8 to 9 it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but I can't find a way to make it work on bare new projects created with Captivate 9.

The Drag&Drop "Use hand cursor" option is clearly flagged on, though affecting only sources and targets but not the "submit" button.

Captivate 9 is running on Windows 7.

Thanks for helping,

Matteo

Moderator: I took out your personal address, this is a public forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

I'm sorry but the Submit button on D&D seems not to have the possibility to show the Hand cursor. It uses the same style as the embedded buttons on the Quiz slides, but the hand cursor is not part of the style. I often drag the Submit button off the stage, and just define the Shortcut key (like Enter).  I also checked in Captivate 8 but it also never had the option to show a Hand cursor for the Submit button in D&D, so I am astonished when you write "When importing a project from Captivate 8 to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but the Submit button on D&D seems not to have the possibility to show the Hand cursor. It uses the same style as the embedded buttons on the Quiz slides, but the hand cursor is not part of the style. I often drag the Submit button off the stage, and just define the Shortcut key (like Enter).  I also checked in Captivate 8 but it also never had the option to show a Hand cursor for the Submit button in D&D, so I am astonished when you write "When importing a project from Captivate 8 to 9 it sometimes works,"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying Lilybiri.

I'm not able to find out the working principle behind that, but I have a huge Captivate 8 project in which the D&D Submit button shows the hand cursor at mouseover, and when importing it into Captivate 9 it keeps working as well. In this case, the default Submit text button has been replaced with an image button with the "_over", "_down" and "_up" versions.

I am astonished too, as if I open a new project from scratch with Captivate 8 the handcursor is not shown, as you wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they added the hand cursor in the _over state? Image buttons are the only buttons on quiz slides and D&D having states, the states for transparent buttons do not show up, and shape buttons are not possible. D&D has a lot of common features with normal quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't seem related to the "_over" state. As far as I know, at least, it doesn't seem related to any known setting.

I have reported it as a bug, which is the way I think it is worth to be treated if the other Quiz Submit buttons work differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For HTML5 if you put this script in the head of your index.html it will put the cursor on the submit button, put it just on top of "function initializeCP():"

var interfaceObj, eventEmitterObj;

window.addEventListener( 'moduleReadyEvent', function ( e )
{
interfaceObj = e.Data;
eventEmitterObj = interfaceObj.getEventEmitter();
initializeEventListeners();
});

function initializeEventListeners()
{
if ( interfaceObj )
{
     if ( eventEmitterObj )
  {
         eventEmitterObj.addEventListener( 'CPAPI_SLIDEENTER', function ( e )
   {        
    for ( var i = 0; i < e.Data.si.length; i++ )
    {

if ( cp.model.data[ e.Data.si[ i ].n + "c" ].accstr.indexOf( "Submit" ) != -1 )
     {
      document.getElementById( e.Data.si[ i ].n ).style.cursor = "pointer";
      break;
     }    
    }
            });
  }
}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499) and try to get the hand-cursor for the submit-button in my drag+drop-questions. With the code above the hand-cursor works fine but then I get no results on the quizz result page anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources