• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Down Boxes on Matching Slide Not Appearing

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm new to Captivate so please be gentle if this is an incredibly dumb question.

I am currently trying to put together a responsive training program and have inserted a few knowledge check questions (matching).  The drop down boxes appear on my slides, but when I preview the project, they don't appear at all.

kristinr41224209_0-1605898260321.png

kristinr41224209_1-1605898315142.png

I'm currently using 2019 v. 11.5.1.499 (I'm waiting for my IT department to come push the latest update for me).

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you previewed in HTML5? my take on this is this is that browsers no longer support some features, my company has had to redesign some slides dur to Mac issues in browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christian lee Since this is a responsive project, all Preview methods use the browser. It is only for non-responsive projects that you need to use F!!m Preview HTML in browser because the other Preview mehtods do use SWF output.

@kristinr41224209  Did you edit the Matching Quiz Master slide in any way? Which Theme do you use? Is this a theme created with the present version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

missed the preview bit!! Thanks Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the Aspire theme.  I don't think that I changed the master slides in any way.  Although to be honest, I'm so new at this it's possible.  My IT team updated me at the end of last week so I'm on 11.5.5.553.  I tried previewing again and now I can somewhat see the selection boxes, however the font size is different and now there's a new pop out box icon?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just opened the responsive version of Aspire as project. It looks quite different to me from your screenshots. Bad news: the quizzing master slides in this Quick Start Project are not very well styled. I have a lot of white text on that very clear background, suspect that they forgot to put a darker background like they did for the score slide.

Difficult to offer help in this case. The formatting has been changed in your Matching slide, because the original one from the master slide was not even legible. 

The icon appearing is the expand icon, normally appears only if there is not enough space to show the full text. First column seems to have two different font sizes, which seems to indicate you did override the default Question Answer style. For you it is black, for me the original style is white in the Aspire responsive project. Font is Tahoma, Regular, 16pt for me in the resolution 1024x627. Check if you didn't have spaces and/or breaks in the text? You can decrease the minimum font size to 10pt or even 8pt. Default is 14pt which is much too big. Look in the properties panel for the slide (nothing selected on the slide) for that minimum font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boo.  Okay, thank you for taking a look at it.  I'll probably just pull the slides and replace them with something else.  I appreciate the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change the background color of the matching quiz slide and/or edit the default Quizzing object styles. It is possible to have a good looking quiz slide, but not with the present styling of the quizzing master slides in that particular Quick Start Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources