Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down widget in HTML5

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!

I am having an issue with the Drop down widget. I am trying to mimic a webpage and have my users actually choose the options and I was using the drop down widget to do that. However, when I go to preview my project now it says that it is not HTML 5 compatible. Since Flash is going away here in a few weeks why is that even an option? Also, does anyone have any ideas or alternatives?

Thank you!!!!!!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Those are the Learning Interactions, from the big button Interactions. The widgets can only be inserted using Insert, Widget.

I don't know why you get warnings from the HTML tracker, which doesn't show anything in that test project from which I showed a screenshot. Please, check the full version number (Help, About Captivate).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dropdown Learning interaction is compatible with HTML5 output. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/dropdown-interaction-tips

I'm sorry that the included sample project is still SWF, it is one of the many blogs I still need to update to HTML5, but I'm sure it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure?? Because this is what I'm getting....

2020-12-09_10-55-59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you insert the 'Widget' or the Learning Interaction? I just double-checked, no problem pubishing. I am on version 11.5.5.553, which is the most recent version of Captivate for Windows. Nothing mentioned by the HTML Tracker.

DropdownInt.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help!

I didn't know there were other options.

I just added it from the top bar- interactions- learning interactions. 

Is there somewhere else I should be getting it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the Learning Interactions, from the big button Interactions. The widgets can only be inserted using Insert, Widget.

I don't know why you get warnings from the HTML tracker, which doesn't show anything in that test project from which I showed a screenshot. Please, check the full version number (Help, About Captivate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help! That widget worked perfectly and didn't give me that error. I am always learning something new!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources