• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Down widget issue in Edge browser

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm having issues with some of my drop down widgets in Edge. I use them to create a custom interactions. I check the selection that the learner made with a Submit action. This all works fine in Chrome, but not always in Edge browser. Does anyone have experience with why this happens just in Edge? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using?

Feeling uncomfortable with your condition.... the percentages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

I'm using Cp version 11.0.1.266.

Its is really strange, I have many other drop downs that use a % in the string and work fine in Edge. for example, an almost identical interaction a few slides before works just fine and here is one of the 3 widgets:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was asking about the % because of the way Captivate is handling variables, which can be considered as numbers or strings (no way to identify the type) depending on the situation. If you use a mathematical opertator, it will be treated as a number. HTML5 output is much more sensitive to that kind of problems than the former SWF output/

It is bit of guessing, can you check that no name is reused for two different items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can check on elements named the same, that has created errors for me before. - is there a way to do that quickly for the entire project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not AFAIK. Personally I keep to a very strict labeling system to avoid that type of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources