Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dropped source won't redrag from one target

May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a fairly simple drag and drop interaction, but the drop source gets stuck on one target.

I'm using Captivate 2017 and working in html5 with non-responsive project.

I have only one source and four targets--one correct and three incorrect. The interaction is set to autosubmit correct answer and redrag dropped sources. I can redrag the source when it is dropped on two of the incorrect targets, but it will not redrag when dropped on the third target. I have a shared action that each incorrect target triggers. I made sure the targets are above all the other items in the timeline and the source is above all the targets.

I can't find anything different between the targets that will allow redragging and the one that will not. What settings could possibly cause this?

Here's a screenshot of the relevant part in captivate and then stuck in html5 preview. dropstuck.PNG

dropstuck_preview.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Not totally sure, but can you check that there is NO overlap whatsoever between the bounding boxes of all objects? From the screenshots that is not to be concluded.

Is the shared action triggered by object action events? How did you set up the Allowance for each drop target?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not totally sure, but can you check that there is NO overlap whatsoever between the bounding boxes of all objects? From the screenshots that is not to be concluded.

Is the shared action triggered by object action events? How did you set up the Allowance for each drop target?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no overlap. I made sure there was whitespace between the targets. There shared action is triggered in the object actions.

I'm not sure what you mean by "allowance"?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Object Actions dialog box for each target, that is where you'll see what is allowed. Maybe post a screenshot.

DDGoback.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here a screenshot of the troublesome target box. The others looks exactly the same.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare with my screenshot and edit this dialog box please so that it looks like mine. I indicated the changes by coloured rectangles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is an overlap problem. Or something similar. changing the object action setting did nothing. But moving the offending target box way way way far away from the other boxes fixes the problem. Something funky going on with the borders--or the blue border lines are not as accurate as I'd like.

Thanks,

Amos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first suspicion. Anyway if you want to Replace, you need to change the settings in the Accepted Drag Sources as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that if the drop target is the top layer of your timeline, it will not let you redrag the drop sources. Placing an object at the top layer of the timeline appears to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources