Highlighted

Duplicate start image of video as still for preceding slide? or delay video play?

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a software simulation with a lot of short videos recorded in one workflow without pressing PRTSCRN much during the recording.

I would like to have the user be able to read a box of information and then interact (ie 'continue') before the video (auto)plays

Is there a way to

1. add a slide before using the initial first frame of the video as a still? The background options or any others do not seem to work.
  2. I tried the workaround of duplicate the video and editing the second video file does it ALSO edit the longer one I want untouched! The only way around this was to copy the video slide from an older project version and rename it...
  3. Is there a way to delay the playing of a video slide until the user is ready?

Thx!

Marcus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Duplicate start image of video as still for preceding slide? or delay video play?

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a software simulation with a lot of short videos recorded in one workflow without pressing PRTSCRN much during the recording.

I would like to have the user be able to read a box of information and then interact (ie 'continue') before the video (auto)plays

Is there a way to

1. add a slide before using the initial first frame of the video as a still? The background options or any others do not seem to work.
  2. I tried the workaround of duplicate the video and editing the second video file does it ALSO edit the longer one I want untouched! The only way around this was to copy the video slide from an older project version and rename it...
  3. Is there a way to delay the playing of a video slide until the user is ready?

Thx!

Marcus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some terminology issues: are those videos created individuall? You speak about a software simulation, maybe  you talk about FMR slides?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK getting used to jargon...I mean when I use F9 and then F10 in a recording so I end up with a set of slides which in my case most of are videos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to avoid FMR slides for several reasons, replace them by Video Demo slides. Then it would have been easier as well for you, because Video Demo has a complete editor, contrary to FMR slides. 

Sorry, cannot help you with FMR slides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0