• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating Dictionary

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a technical presentation which is requiring me to add several words/symbols into the dictionary that is not getting pronounced correctly or pronounced at all.  Each time I open the dictionary to add a new word, it seems to be replicating the entire dictionary.   So now when I convert text to speech it is taking longer than 3 minutes to do it (yes I timed it).   I am telling it to save file and replace file.  When I go into the CSV file to open it, this is the message I get:  So now I have almost 300,000 rows in my dictionary even though I may have only added around 50 words.   How do I clean this up so that it does not take so long to generate my text to speech and how do I get it to stop duplicating?  I  have captivate 11.5.5.676.

lamely_0-1614097767609.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did figure out, if I find the CSV file, open it up in excel, then I can create a column that counts the identical words, there were 15,000+ of some identical words, then sort by the column where I counted it, then deleted all rows that had a count higher than 1, it fixed it, but it is still duplicating.  I now have a dictionary of only 28 words, so it looks like I only added about 20 words not 50.   

Anyone have advice on how to make it stop duplicating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources