Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy Branching not working

Participant ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'd like to start by saying that I have had this work in previous projects so I don't know if this is a recent problem. 

But...I can not get the easy branching to work properly. 

I have this slide that is set to braching. I have the slide as branching, the group naming conventions match. I have bypassed the "quiz" button and named my next button quiz. (which I have done before). The real problem is that the button actions are to be set to no action for it to work but mine literally do nothing when I set that. So I set it to continue which allows it to move on but after the first group it doesn't go back to the buttons. Has this happened to anyone recently? Any advice?

2021-01-04_11-41-31.png

Also, the groups slide actions are set to go to next slide except for the last one which is set to continue. Which has also worked in the past but now isn't. 

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Branching

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

This is one of those things that's so easy but just as easy to get one of the steps incorrect. Check out my video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/aow6VBRT6z8

...but more importantly, follow these steps precisely (spelling and capitalization count).

1. Label your branching slide "branching"
  2. Create interactive objects with no action and label them for each intended section.
  3. Create a final interactive object for your quiz and label it "quiz" (all lower case letters) and make it not visible in outpu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of those things that's so easy but just as easy to get one of the steps incorrect. Check out my video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/aow6VBRT6z8

...but more importantly, follow these steps precisely (spelling and capitalization count).

1. Label your branching slide "branching"
  2. Create interactive objects with no action and label them for each intended section.
  3. Create a final interactive object for your quiz and label it "quiz" (all lower case letters) and make it not visible in output
  4. Group your slides into sections and label them precisely the same as your interactive objects from the branching slide, including the one for the quiz
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply!

It all checks out though.... The only thing I can think of that may be interfering with it is the actions I have on slide enter. 

I have some audio that I wanted to only play the first time so I put this, else continue:

2021-01-05_09-54-10.png

If that is why then I guess I'll have to do it the hard way!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources