• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy way to give better feedback in Fluid boxes in the Quiz

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe Support and their response was confusing, so I'm hoping the community can help me.

I am building a module in Captivate 2017 that has a quiz. I want to alter the feedback in the answers so if someone misses it, it provides context. In order to separate the "layers" of feedback from the quiz, I was told I had to turn off the fluid box for the feedback, separate the layers, write the content, realign them, and then turn the fluid box back on.

Has anyone figured out another way to do this? I wish the quiz feedback were in layers like the rest of the project so I could simply turn them on and off to alter the content.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Understand what they explained because that is indeed a pain. However the proposed solution can be shortened IMO.

Did you read my blog post:

Tips for 'Fluid' Quiz Slides - Captivate blog

I will describe a workflow in a blog post. Reason: I don't like my ideas to be stolen and used without paying credit as happened multiple times in the past.  Blame those users for having to wait a while. When the post is ready, will post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand what they explained because that is indeed a pain. However the proposed solution can be shortened IMO.

Did you read my blog post:

Tips for 'Fluid' Quiz Slides - Captivate blog

I will describe a workflow in a blog post. Reason: I don't like my ideas to be stolen and used without paying credit as happened multiple times in the past.  Blame those users for having to wait a while. When the post is ready, will post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to keep in mind about fluid boxes is that you don't need to lock anything to a fluid box if you don't want to.

Here is one alternative set of steps that you could use if you want your feedback captions to simply float in front of your question slides centered on the slide regardless of the screen size. This not only makes them easier to edit the messages but I think it also looks better than locked to a static fluid box.

1. Select the feedback caption you want to free up from fluid boxes
  2. Check Unlock from Fluid Box
  3. Open the Position panel (from the Window drop down if it isn't already open for you)
  4. Check Align center horizontally, vertically on the slide
  5. change the Object Size values to whatever size is appropriate but I recommend using a percentage (as I write this I'm verifying the steps and choose 30% Height and 50% Width)

I will probably do a video on this over on my YouTube channel: Paul Wilson Adobe Captivate Tutorials - YouTube  at some point but I wanted to share the steps that have worked for me in the past. Feel free to use these steps and share them with your friends and colleagues. Hope they give you what you need.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My blog post is ready, entered for Review.

It is NOT necessary to unlock the messages from static fluid box.  Waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's up now. Do you want to post the direct link for me to mark it as correct? Thank you for helping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? My workflow is a lot easier than what has been told before.  That is one of the problems that too much complicated workflows are proposed when much easier is possible. Have seen that so many times, and find it so frustrating. Once I did read a long explanation with JS scripts, where it was sufficient just to check a checkbox.

I don't see my blog post yet. still pending for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked yours as the right one- I agree it's easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the link to the blog post, explaining the easiest workflow I could find to edit individual feedback messages (quiz slides) in a responsive project developed with Fluid Boxes:

Quiz Feedback Messages in Fluid Boxes - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. The process is a pain and it's something I hope Adobe can improve. That's a LOT of steps for us to do to make better training, and assuming that Adobe wants us to create meaningful training with Captivate, could facilitate that. Thanks for the link to your channel. I've bookmarked it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources