• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit Knowledge Check Answers...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an instructional designer working on a former colleague's course build in Adobe Captivate 9 Version 9.0.2.437.
She has added knowledge checks throughout her course but never provided the answers to the knowledge checks
in her storyboard. These are knowledge checks (not quiz questions).

I've combed the forums and FAQs (even YouTube) for an answer to this question and have come up empty:

Is there any way at all, to view (and/or edit) the answers to the knowledge check questions in
Adobe Captivate 9? I don't want to change the properties of the questions, I just want to view correct answers.

Thank you,

Linda 

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowledge Check questions are not very different in functionality to normal Captivate Quiz Questions.  To the end user they can appear almost identical.

If your previous colleague has not included correct answers to the questions, it's possible that she only intended the questions to be for reflection rather than having a correct answer.

Alternatively, since KC questions don't have a score and don't get reported to the LMS, she may have just wanted them to be interactions that allowed the learner to practice something.

If there are no feedback captions appearing when the learner selects and submits an answer, perhaps you just need to turn these on in the Quiz tab.  Then you can edit the text in the feedback captions to tell the learner what the correct answer is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I need to clarify the question. I need to be able to edit the knowledge check. Right now, I don't see anything within Captivate 9 that lets me go into the Knowledge Check to change either the wording of the question or any of the answers. Is there any way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you only have the published version or do you have the cptx file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know there is no way to view all correct answers in a report. You probably will have to view the settings for each KC individually to see which answers are marked as correct. This is easier in a standard format like MCQ - any custom questions built on advanced actions will take more investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to open the cptx file in Captivate, go to the KC slide, and edit directly there. Be aware that, if you open, edit and save the file in a version after CP9, it will no longer be editable in CP9 - you'll have to use the later version for all future edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for the answers to my question. I haven't really worked with Knowledge Checks since Captivate 5. Normally, I use Lectora or Storyline to add Knowledge Checks. I've since figured out how to edit them in Captivate 9. It's much, much, easier than I thought.

Thanks again,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you listened too much to those who claim that Captivate is SOOOOO difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really think I was just over thinking it. LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources