• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit/remove quiz answer hover effect

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a convenient way to edit or remove the black transparent hover effect on e.g. multiple choice answers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Not if you are publishing to SWF.

If you are publishing to HTML5, the CpExtra HTML5 widget allows you to edit the colour of this rollover effect.

Quiz Behavior | Infosemantics Pty Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you are publishing to SWF.

If you are publishing to HTML5, the CpExtra HTML5 widget allows you to edit the colour of this rollover effect.

Quiz Behavior | Infosemantics Pty Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply!

That would be a solution for the problem. Right now I am running on a quite tight budget though and can't really afford the widget. As far as I know the hover effect is being set in the cpm.js, I just haven't found it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the budget constraint issue.  But multiply your hourly rate by the number of hours you've already spent trying to resolve this issue and suddenly the price of the widget might look quite reasonable.  I've seen people spend days or even weeks trying to solve a problem that could have been fixed in minutes after purchasing a widget.  But it's your call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely will pop in about budgets etc but in this case I really want to emphasize that the cost of the most versatile, powerful widget ever released is ridiculously low (sorry Rod). Even if you use only part of its many features which enhance/correct features of Captivate you'll have your money back in less than one week if you count the saved working hours.

BTW as usual I only offer my recommendations out of my passion to help Captivate users in every way possible. I recommend this widget (for HTML5) whenever possible. I talked about it yesterday on the Captivate User's day, and all participants were impressed by the few features I mentioned (list is too long to talk about all of them).

My 2 cents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I found a solution changing the cpm.js. for this issue:

1. Open the cpm.js with an editor (assets > js > cpm)

2. Open the Search field pressing contl. + f

3. copy and paste the folling code:

cp.MCQInput.prototype.addHighlightBoxMouseHandlers=function(){if(cp.DESKTOP==cp.device){var a=this,c=document.getElementById(this.element.id+"_dummyhighlight");this.highlightElement.onmouseover=function(){if(!cp.disableInteractions&&"disabled"!=a.value&&(c.style.backgroundColor="#000000",c.style.opacity="0.3",a.sh))

3. Change in the last row the opacity from 0.3 to 0

...,c.style.opacity="0.3",a.sh))   TO    ...,c.style.opacity="0",a.sh)) 

If this works for you, please let me know:)

Greetings

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Marielouise,

thanks for this very helpful hint! On the other hand, if the color is ok, do you have an idea where to get rid of the round corners??

Greetings, Sasha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources