• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit SVGs in the Update 2 of the 2019 release of Captivate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed up your authoring by drastically reducing the number of steps required to use images as buttons in your eLearning course. Captivate allows you to add any image or an SVG to your course and directly use it as a button.

Define actions or advanced actions and assign them to the button in a few simple steps.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only rather simple SVGs can be edited in Captivate, and only the Fill, never the stroke. But roundtripping with Adobe Illustrator is really easy, which allows full control over editing SBGs. More important is the fact that you can restrict the clickable area of a SVG to the SVG itself instead of the usual boundary box. Padding in the bouncary box can also be very useful. I created two examples where the restriction of the clickable area was used, which was impossible before this version 11.5:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/svgs-for-color-based-quiz

http://blog.lilybiri.com/svgs-for-custom-hotspot-question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'd really like to see is support for native Illustrator files, with SVG conversion not happening until final publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no real support for PSD files neither but a great roundtripping. I don't know if it is really necessary to have a similar roundtripping for AI files, with its great workflow for exporting assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) - Learn the basic of SVG.

2) - Read a couple of articles by Sara Soueidan

https://theblog.adobe.com/author/soueidan/

https://www.sarasoueidan.com/tags/svg/

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am nt at all new to Illustrator, just that I preferred Photoshop in recent years. I am getting up to speed by watching all tutorials about new features and Deke's Techniques in LinkediIn Learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Lilybiri, I am not referring to you. I forgot to mention Sara Drasner. The new forum is very confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources