• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed HTML5 videos from LMS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to embed HTML5 videos that are from LMS which requires login?

I have tried looking up videos but they recommend an "Upload to FTP process" - I don't need to upload to anywhere because the videos are already in our LMS.

How do I do this?Whenever I try to do, it seems I don't have permissions (our LMS requires a login).

Cheers,

Miguel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction:

When I embed the link to the HTML5, the page loads in Captivate showing our LMS login page.

However, when I publish and upload to our LMS, the published file doesn't load the HTML5 I embedded.

Instead, it shows a 404 error saying "you do not have permissions to access this resource".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a permissions issue on the LMS. Can we assume that the login to access the course is the same as the login to access the video? If so, then the way the LMS is processing permissions is your problem. Check with your LMS admin in any case.

Is it possible to host the video somewhere that doesn't need a login?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying. Accessing courses and videos differ on our LMS. I'll ask our LMS admin where we can place the videos so that Captivate can stream them. 

I doubt that we're allowed to host the video that doesn't need logins. 

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to have a content area that is not part of any course to put the videos in. If the student is then logged into the LMS they can view. If they are not logged in, you will have the issues you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll ask our LMS admin where I can place the videos so they can play from Captivate. Thanks a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources