• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed Web Video appears in different place when published.

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I decided to embed a video in a project, but I've been struggling with it because once it's published, no matter where I place it in the project, it appears in the same exact position when it's published (and seen on LMS), I can expand or reduce the size of the window and it never changes position or size. Any ideas how to keep it in the original position of the project after publishing?? I tried locking position of the web object and it doesn't work.

video.JPGLMS.JPGlms2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Captivate are you running and can you let us know what type of video have you added to your course? In other words, is this Event Video, Slide Video, web object video, are you using the YouTube interaction from Learning Interactions?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm runnning Captivate 9, I added a web object video using embed code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a responsive design course or just a blank project course?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a blank project course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a web object you can set it up to be any resolution and aspect ratio that you wish. Are you using aspect ratios that match the aspect ratio of the original video? Perhaps you can share the video's web address with me and I can test it with Captivate 9 for you on my end. Perhaps we will uncover what the problem is.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having problems with the width or height of the video, but does the aspect ratio affects the position of the video itself on the screen? Unfortunately the video is on the intranet of my company, you won't be able to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've only ever used this functionality for public based videos such as Vimeo or YouTube. Mostly Vimeo, since there isn't another interaction for it in Captivate like there is with YouTube.

Maybe check out my video on the topic of Vimeo and see if anything would help.

https://youtu.be/FQ2lAtfYczM

It's possible that something on your company server is messing it up.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources