Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding fonts in a website for Captivate html5 resources

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I developed some educational resources using the 2019 Captivate. I sent the published files to the company who looks after our website so that they could upload them. I also sent them the files for some of the non-standard fonts that I used in the text of the resources, asking them to embed those fonts in the website so that the html5 resources would use those fonts, and not the basic fonts that may be on the users' computers.

The web developer sent me back this:

'In order to integrate the fonts into the resource we need to upload them but also reference them on the resource code so it will check the local resource font.

I have checked the one you indicated as an example, the "match the motto" resource (code), and I didn´t see or find where is the font chalkduster referenced on code or css.'

Can anyone tell me where I might direct him to find the reference to the font in the code?

Many thanks,

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the version of Captivate and the Operating System you are using?

One of the easy fix would be to use WebFonts so there would be no referencing required.

Uploading 'computer fonts' seems to be a breach of copyright that you might want to double-check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I'm using Captivate 11 on MacOS Mojave.

I know you can use webfonts, but the resources I make are for children, so

I was trying to make them a little more child-friendly. I never thought

about the copyright issue - I think the ones that I used are free open

source ones, will have to double check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Geneb,

Google offers a lot open source fonts.

Do a search for open source font.

You can also use svg font.

Check the video from Paul Wilson - Use JavaScript to Display Google Web Fonts

and the article  by Sean Pyle - Use Any Font in Adobe Captivate When Publishing in HTML5.

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources