Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

embedding software simulations into project

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning,

I was wondering if what I am doing is correct and the best way of achieving my idea. As part of our captivate project I am recording some simulation of our software and displaying this within the project.

By default when you record new software simulation you specify the size and it creates the slides as per that size. What I am trying to achieve is embed the simulation onto slide(s) at a specific size, which is smaller than the actual main project so I can still display the background theme around it.

The only way I can think about doing this is creating the simulation in a separate project at the required size, and then when completed publish as a video file and import via the "Insert Video" object.

Is this the best way?

The one thing I cannot find out how to do is to hide the "Next" button and only show when the video has been completed.

I am using Captivate v. 11.5.1.499.

Thanks

Phil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I believe I have sorted the Next button issue and perhaps you could adviase if this is the best way. Basically you get the length of the video and set the slide duration to that length. You can then position the next button to appear at the end of the video.

Regards

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources