Highlighted

Embedding YouTube in Blank Project Doesn't Work

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent the last 4 hours reading everything about embedding YouTube, updating the YouTube Widget, how much YouTube hates Flash and trying ALL the suggestions. My problem is a blank object.

SO, I tried embedding a web object (like Paul Wilson) suggested into a blank project. That doesn't work (although I've used that method for responsible projects and it works). I've tried various widgets and those don't work. I end up with a wonderful message from YouTube stating that they don't support Flash, BUT I can still view it in their environment. In all instances I put the files up on a web server (another suggestion) and still no luck. I also thought my cptx file was possibly corrupted so I cleared cache, restarted my computer, and made a new file--that didn't produce any change.

I did find that the blank project makes a folder "wor", with a sub-folder "wo" and some numbers (i.e. wo_5272), and then another html file inside it that when clicked the video works as intended.

My customer really wants the swf version--they can place the one swf anywhere in their environment, so going responsible won't work either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Embedding YouTube in Blank Project Doesn't Work

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent the last 4 hours reading everything about embedding YouTube, updating the YouTube Widget, how much YouTube hates Flash and trying ALL the suggestions. My problem is a blank object.

SO, I tried embedding a web object (like Paul Wilson) suggested into a blank project. That doesn't work (although I've used that method for responsible projects and it works). I've tried various widgets and those don't work. I end up with a wonderful message from YouTube stating that they don't support Flash, BUT I can still view it in their environment. In all instances I put the files up on a web server (another suggestion) and still no luck. I also thought my cptx file was possibly corrupted so I cleared cache, restarted my computer, and made a new file--that didn't produce any change.

I did find that the blank project makes a folder "wor", with a sub-folder "wo" and some numbers (i.e. wo_5272), and then another html file inside it that when clicked the video works as intended.

My customer really wants the swf version--they can place the one swf anywhere in their environment, so going responsible won't work either.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are publishing to HTML5, you need to always test in a web server environment.  Lots of things in Captivate output will not work properly unless you do this.  You might THINK something doesn't work, but that could just be due to testing locally.

So how are you testing this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod. I am testing it on a Web Server. HOWEVER, I found it was my computer talking to FileZilla. I switched to another computer, uploaded the files and now it works. Lesson learned, Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group