• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encountering an Unexpected Problem

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to publish last week with no problem. Go in on Monday and I get this error every time I attempt to do anything with Adobe Presenter. I am using Presenter version 11.1 and PowerPoint 365. I have uninstalled Presenter and reinstalled it to no avail. Also emailed our Adobe support contact with no answer as of right now.

2019-05-08_presenter-error.jpg

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

No, it ended up being a McAfee issue blocking access to the internet. With evertything tied to browsers it wouldn't do anything when I touched anything on the Presenter tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way https://www.adobe.com/support/presenter is a page that cannot be found, lol. Is there any support for Presenter anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the "Zip package" in the output options box when publishing. You can unzip it after publishing and put it in a folder; the files are the same.

I just got the same error and tried enabling/disabling the add-on and restarting PowerPoint to no avail. It would only publish the data and metadata folders but not create the index file and javascript files.

I'm thinking the programmers messed up the initialization routine and aren't resetting some variables properly for publishing. Checking zip package likely restores the initialization of variables - but that's just a guess. (These initialization problems are everywhere; every time I start my car I have to turn my AC up before I can turn the fan down.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it ended up being a McAfee issue blocking access to the internet. With evertything tied to browsers it wouldn't do anything when I touched anything on the Presenter tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources