• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

End of course->send user to URL with variables

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is planning to have public "course" where potential customers can watch a video, be asked to enter various info about their company, be displayed a "this is how much you could save" type of screen, and finally at the end of the course be sent to a specific URL where we pass variables such as name, phone number, etc. This url will then save this into a database, and our sales department will then have some nice leads to follow up.

In my last thread I learned that you can do the various calculations easy enough, but I'm now wondering specifically if the part about sending users to a specific URL with variables in it works in Captivate. We're using talent lms as our hosting platform, but I guess that shouldn't matter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Captivate doesn't offer any functionality 'out of the box' to encode URLs with variable data, however, this can be achieved using third-party widgets or (if you have access to a programmer) JavaScript code.

If you decide to go the widget route, take a look at the information here: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets/cpextra/help/data-persistence 

Look under the heading about GET variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate doesn't offer any functionality 'out of the box' to encode URLs with variable data, however, this can be achieved using third-party widgets or (if you have access to a programmer) JavaScript code.

If you decide to go the widget route, take a look at the information here: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets/cpextra/help/data-persistence 

Look under the heading about GET variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice, that saves us lots of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources