• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entering DOS fields

Participant ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interesting situation I'm hoping to get some feedback on from you Captivate experts.

We have a section of training where we need to show staff how to enter things into our DOS system. For security reasons I can't show the actual screen, but I've included an image of what we're trying to accomplish.

Basically staff have to enter information into three boxes. Both SS and date of birth have three separate boxes. The current version of the Captivate training uses multiple text captions and actions to accomplish what we need to. The biggest issue is currently learners have to press the tab key to go to the next box, but in the actual DOS program it automatically advances to the next box.

boxes.JPG

My questions are:

1. How would you go about building this sort of interaction?

2. Is there a way to have it advance to the next box automatically after user has typed in the previous box?

I've also considered that if it would be better to go with a simulation on this instead of using screen shots and actions.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Sorry, it should be:

Text_Entry_Box_2_inputField.focus();

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set up your TEB's to have a character limit or 3, 2, and 4, restrict to only numbers and choose auto submit, then on success execute this JavaScript :

Text_Entry_Box_2.focus();

which refers to the next TEB name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I must be doing something wrong because it's not working.

I inserted a TEB.

Options: set to max 2 numbers.

Actions: On success execute Javascript.

Script window: entered Text_Entry_Box_2.focus();  (changed the number to match the next TEB)

Shortcut: None

But when I preview in the browser I type in the first two numbers and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it should be:

Text_Entry_Box_2_inputField.focus();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can try the JS approach. Personally I would go with a real software simulation, or at least use the approach built in those software simulations. They have each TEB on an individual slide, and the actions On Success and Last Attempt are both set to go to the Next Slide. That will automatically have the next TEB in focus.  Maybe too simple? Up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought about going this route as well. I'm waiting for access to our software to record a simulation and see how I can edit text boxes to recreate the use of the DOS system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources