Highlighted

(ERP) Software Simulation Project. Maximum number of slides

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plan to create a software simulation project. It is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) type of software. Example is Customer Relationship Management software.  I was wondering what is the best strategy to create this entire project because this will require hundreds to thousands of slides. As you know that each click in the software is one slide already. 

My plan is to:

1) create a MENU slide as the main .cptx project. In the menu slide, it contains list of lessons which the end user will click and will direct them to the simulation topic itself.

Menu (Main .cptx project)

Lesson 1 - Create Customer Profile

Lesson 2 - Create Supplier Profile

Lesson 3:  xxxxxxxxx .........

2) Create separate .cptx for each lessons.

3) Copy the slides from all the lessons .cptx projects and then paste the slides to the Main menu.cptx project.  The main menu .cptx project with all the lessons simulations will be the one to be deployed.

I am not sure if this is a good idea. As mentioned earlier, it is a ERP software simulation. if I develop this in one cptx project, this will have thousands of slides. Will there be an issue in the elearning performance, if one cptx project will have thousands of sildes?

I plan to divide the simulation project into 2 modules as well.

Would like to ask some inputs from those who develop software simulation project.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

(ERP) Software Simulation Project. Maximum number of slides

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plan to create a software simulation project. It is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) type of software. Example is Customer Relationship Management software.  I was wondering what is the best strategy to create this entire project because this will require hundreds to thousands of slides. As you know that each click in the software is one slide already. 

My plan is to:

1) create a MENU slide as the main .cptx project. In the menu slide, it contains list of lessons which the end user will click and will direct them to the simulation topic itself.

Menu (Main .cptx project)

Lesson 1 - Create Customer Profile

Lesson 2 - Create Supplier Profile

Lesson 3:  xxxxxxxxx .........

2) Create separate .cptx for each lessons.

3) Copy the slides from all the lessons .cptx projects and then paste the slides to the Main menu.cptx project.  The main menu .cptx project with all the lessons simulations will be the one to be deployed.

I am not sure if this is a good idea. As mentioned earlier, it is a ERP software simulation. if I develop this in one cptx project, this will have thousands of slides. Will there be an issue in the elearning performance, if one cptx project will have thousands of sildes?

I plan to divide the simulation project into 2 modules as well.

Would like to ask some inputs from those who develop software simulation project.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not do that in one huge project. Keep separate projects where you have a

main menu project, with links to the other projects.

Or use a LMS and let the LMS take care of the management.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if LMS is not available?  Is web design an option?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deliver from webserver with a main dashboard project pointing to modules as

I explained.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2018 0