Error message when importing SVG file into Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been desiging graphics in Adobe Illustrator 2021 all day and exporting them as SVG files, then dropping them into my Captivate 2019 file. I am 12 slides in and all of a sudden my most recent file gives me this error message. Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 5.58.20 PM.pngI can import my other already saved SVG files back in perfectly fine and I even drew a simple circle then exported that as an SVG which imported into Captivate just fine, but for what ever reason this new ones just keeps showing me that error message. This is a screen shot of the SVG file I wanted to import.Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 6.07.52 PM.png

I tried outlining the text and setting the SVG CSS Properties to - "Presentation Attributes" .as I have seen other threads about SVG import issues that seemed to have resolved around that.  Here is a screen shot of my SVG settings. Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 6.12.50 PM.pngAlso I am running on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 if that is a factor as well, but it really does seem to just be this one graphic fro what ever reason.

TOPICS
Getting started, Import export

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad, I am a Windows user. Editing the settings for SVGs was necessary in previous versions of Captivate and Illustrator, but I have not needed it since a couple of years. However, I believe that your image is too complicated and that may be the cause. Can you try to use PNG in this case to replace the SVGs. I know, you lose the crispness of the vector images, but SVG is a script and that script will be very complicated for such an image which may be at the base fo the issues.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah and it was your reply exactly that I tried those SVG settings from for a previous user you helped out with what seemed to be a simliar issue. I can use and have had sucess with importing that problem graphic as a PNG although losing the crisp lines is a bit of a bummer. With the idea of it being too complictaed I might try reducing some detail or trying to merge some objects together to see if I can bring the amount of objects down. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines