Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error: "Swf compilation failed" - please verify actionscript

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(2019 Release, 11.5.5.553)
Sofware simulation (simple, excel) – no actions, variables,… only a few text frames with some instructions.

Publish as video – constantly the same error. (publish as HTML is passing but it is missing many transitions, mostly static).
So, 15 days can’t find a solution to use command Publish as video without problems (deleting cache, preferences, hiding some slides, working with only a few, one slide but always the same error, adding line Use32BitJVMForPublish = 1 in AdobeCaptivate.ini, no Onedrive nor any cloud storage,…)
Invested so much and almost 15 days producing nothing but blood high pressure, angry,…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Publish to video? You should have used Video Demo, not software simulation.

Do you have a lot of Full Motion Recording slides? They may be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

I would like to help you, but you didn't answer my questions 😞

BTW I am just a user, complaints about Adobe are not meant for me, I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Even if you use software sims, try to stop when you expect a FMR slide to be recorded, and insert one Video Demo slide instead. Not only will that be much better if you want to publish to video, but the quality will be way better, especially if you use 32-bit (Preferences, Recording) instead of the default 16-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish to video? You should have used Video Demo, not software simulation.

Do you have a lot of Full Motion Recording slides? They may be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast answer and for trying to help. I just made about 10 projects before and all published to video without problems. After deleting cache, preferences, and still not working, I recorded a new project (same theme). Recorded in about 10 minutes (when published to video it should be up to 15 minutes long). I just recorded formulas written in about 30 cells on 4 sheets. A few years ago, similar projects were much larger with more graphics and still worked. 
The error is so general and can be anything. This is not appropriate for today's stage of software development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to help you, but you didn't answer my questions 😞

BTW I am just a user, complaints about Adobe are not meant for me, I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe my words sound inappropriate. In the first project, there are 27 items named Fullmotionxxx.swf sized from 100 kB to 300kB per item. In the second project (same theme) there are 10 items Fullmotion but still doesn't work. As you recommended, I recorded it again as Video demo, and Publish to Video worked (added some explanation texts). For me, Sofware simulation gives me more options to manage this project than Video demo, but when it doesn't work I had to use Video demo (requires more preparation and time management). Thank you for your selfless effort to help a person in trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you use software sims, try to stop when you expect a FMR slide to be recorded, and insert one Video Demo slide instead. Not only will that be much better if you want to publish to video, but the quality will be way better, especially if you use 32-bit (Preferences, Recording) instead of the default 16-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried very hard to fix my own problem, related to this error message 'swf compilation error...' when trying to publish a captivate file , but to no avail.  I got a new laptop at work and had to reinstall captivate and that seemed to be the start of my problems. I followed the suggestions in here, deleted preferences and uninstalled/reinstalled captivate several times, unlinked my onedrive folder in case that was causing issues, but all to no avail. I have no user variables and this project used to be just fine. Before editing the existing project, I tried publishing it as is and even that wouldn't publish, even though it had previously because I had the .mp4 to provide it.  I am a relatively unsophisticated captivate user, create projects, add images to slides, add audio to each slide, publish as .mp4. It sounds awful I'm sure, but I don't want to create new projects as video demos, I find the software simulations where I can add the audio separately to each slide much easier and faster to work with. Can anyone help me. This is a small project, 6 minutes long, i think 11 slides, but even creating a new project from scratch I can't publish as .mp4, so I'm stuck. Thanks for any/all suggestions. p.s. Captivate 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the OS on your new laptop is compatible with the Captivate version you are using? You mention CP2019 but that is a common name for three main releases and several minor releases.  Which OS do you use on the laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 OS on my laptop, and am not sure how to tell what exact version/release of Captivate2019 I have.

Moderator: please don't post personal credentials in a public forum. Took them out for you, but avoid using mail answers when you have such a detailed signature put up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under Help > About Captivate to find the version details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - it's version 11.8.0.586

__

Jeanne

MODERATOR: please don't include personal details....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't need that version for Win10. Although it is the most recent, from several issues mentioned here in the forum, version 11.5.5.553 seems to be more stable. Sorry, I avoided to update for that reason, cannot help you with problems with 11.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this information - do you think there iss there a way for me to uninstall the version I have and re-install with this older more stable version you mention- is that worth a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a main difference: version 11.5 was available both in perpetual and subscription licenses, whereas 11.8 is only subscription license. For other Adobe applications you should be able to have access to the two most recent versions, but Captivate is not always treated the same way. Personally I have no experience with this workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources