• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR: Trying to add a deleted object (UID=1589) objType=584...and others

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Captivate 2019 (11.0.1.266)  I have already uninstalled/reinstalled. I have renamed the Layouts folder twice. What is causing this error and how does it get fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete or rename the Preferences folder as well when reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The only thing I could find about the issue was to rename the Layouts folder. Should I rename the Preferences folder as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime you update or reinstall Captivate you should ALWAYS reset the Preferences folder as well.  It's standard practice.

If you do that and still have this problem reoccur then it would seem likely that you aren't getting a clean re-install for some reason.  Is it possible that you have something else going on about your system that might be a bit unusual?  Did you have a previous install of Cp 2019 that was from Pre-release or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following up. Where do I find the Captivate Preferences folder?

Regards,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not labeled 'Preferences' but  Adobe Captivate... ans should be in your profile. It depends on your OS, I am a Win user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m a windows user as well. Will you please provide a “path” to the Adobe Captivate folder that has the Preferences? I’ll continue to explore.

Regards,

Ke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to know the 'path' to the Preferences folder.

Just double-click the CleanPreferencesWin.bat file in the Captivate install directory utils folder as Lilybiri explained in her earlier post.

PreferencesWindows.png

That bat file knows where the Preferences folder is and will reset it for you.  If you find yourself doing this often, set up a shortcut to this file on your desktop so that you can kill the Preferences folder when ever you want.  But if you ARE needing to do this task often then it would usually indicate there is something seriously wrong with your system setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies for the oversite regarding Lilybiri’s directions…

Regards,

Ken Laubaugh

Content Developer

816-442-1470

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reanming tthose folder causes new duplicates to be created from the original folders, which couls solve the prolbme.

To clean the Preferences an alternative is to run the CleanPreferences... file to be found in the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder. In that case you need admininstrator rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources