• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR – unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error when loaded to an LMS and it will not play on the SCORM Cloud... 

ERROR – unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support’ Success Factors.

I have no idea what needs to be done in order for this to work. I have tried republishing with a different title but no luck. I am using Captivate 11.5.1.499. 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Captivate forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set up Reporting under Quiz Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my Quiz Preferences...

Error.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's VERY unusual for a Captivate SCORM module not to play at all in SCORM Cloud.  There must be something else going on here to prevent functionality.

Try creating a new blank project and add a single True False quiz question set to SCORM 1.2 reporting and then upload that test project to SCORM Cloud.  If even that does not play in SCORM Cloud then there must be something wrong with your Captivate installation.  If it does play, then the issue is with your course module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sdid a Save As and changed the name. I took off the quiz. And I took out an attached workbook and I STILL receive this error.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The test quiz worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the test played just fine on SCORM Cloud.  I will save the project with a different name and take off the quiz to see if that is where the issue is. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources