• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error When Importing PowerPoint Into Captivate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student trying to import PowerPoint into Captivate and it's throwing this error

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.58.49 AM.png

She updates Java and then Captivate gets stuck on this

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.59.01 AM.png

There are several external links in her PowerPoint presentation and I'm wondering if links are even something that can be used in a Captivate project. I can't seem to find an answer to that. She had a video in the PowerPoint presentation and I wondered if that was the issue as well.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Java has to be installed for Capitvate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, she has Java and even followed the instructions to update it but she's still getting this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be due to those links in that case. Captivate is perfectly capable in several ways to have links, to embed web objects etc. But that will not be possible just by importing PPT slides (bad practice IMO) because that will just convert each slide in sort of a movie slide replicating the animations set up in PPT. Nothing more. I never recommend using the import PPT option at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If she is trying to import a PPTX file, tell her to save it as an earlier version PPT format instead and then try importing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources