• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 'Your computer doesn't have sufficient memory resources to publish your file'

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe connect error.PNG

Hello,

I am trying to publish a course, but I am receiving this particular error message. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

very impressive. thanks Erik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The not-as-admin thing is likely the cause, but only way to know for sure is to run the project under an Admin login, or 'Run As' - both should work. If you can't do that on your own, find an IT person who can run it as Admin for you, if just temporarily, to see if that is the cause. If it is, well, then you either need to run as Admin or you may need IT to give you wider R/W permissions on a variety of folders that Captivate needs to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not have an official upper limit for Captivate project file sizes, but I would recommend less than 100 MB, preferably no more than 60 MB. While you may be able to publish with larger sizes, it is best practice and less likely to cause problems, to break a project down into smaller modules. I hope that is possible with your subject matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara, it is great to offer 'best practice' advice, but you should explain the origin of such advice and give more details. What you are now telling is contrasting with your previous advice of Clearing the cache (dangerous because you lose a backup possibility) or deleting the customized Preferences folder. Probably both solutions will not solve the issue at all.

Which size are you talking about? Since recent versions there is no limit whatsoever the size of a CPTX project (dixit the engineers team). It is not even important at all, because the only size you have to focus on is the size of the PUBLISHED folder, whether it is a HTML folder or the files associated with SWF output. You can have a 200MB CPTX file that will lead to an acceptable published folder in file size, but it can also be possible to have a much smaller cptx-file that leads to an unmanageable output folder (sometimes bigger than the cptx-file itself if you publish both to SWF and HTML). You have to look at the future users: how will they access the course which depends on a lot of factors. During my consultancy jobs I try to keep file sizes down for published files and have a lot of techniques for that reason. I don't really bother about the cptx-filesize, the desktop/laptop that I'm using can handle easily larger files.

It is important here to define what is causing the problems for the user, that is why I suggested hiding some slides (which is temporarily) and see if publishing will be possible. The cptx-filesize is not changing in that case, but the number of slides and objects that have to be treated for publishing will be less. If it is a published file size issue other remediation has to be proposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have this error when publishing please help me.My computer has free memory.

Eror:

Your system does not have suggicirnt memory resources to publish your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources