Event slide won't show video skin in Captivate 2019 published HTML

Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with an event video.  When its been published in HTML5 and played the skin I chose with a video playbar doesn't show.  There is a play button in the middle of the screen but when it is clicked it falls through to the next slide without playing the video.  Or it will auto play even though I have that checkbox deselected.

What I want it to do is have the video wait until some narration is said then the student clicks the video playbar to start the video.

I tried to add the video as slide video but it never finished loading and don't know that would have helped.

Any and all help appreciated.  Also this is not a resposive project.

Susan

Since slide video is not loading, looks like you have perhaps an incompatibility. Can you re-encode the video with Adobe Media Encoder.

The playbar for event video in HTML output only appears when hovering over the bottom of the video, contrary to SWF output where it is always visible.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Event slide won't show video skin in Captivate 2019 published HTML

Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with an event video.  When its been published in HTML5 and played the skin I chose with a video playbar doesn't show.  There is a play button in the middle of the screen but when it is clicked it falls through to the next slide without playing the video.  Or it will auto play even though I have that checkbox deselected.

What I want it to do is have the video wait until some narration is said then the student clicks the video playbar to start the video.

I tried to add the video as slide video but it never finished loading and don't know that would have helped.

Any and all help appreciated.  Also this is not a resposive project.

Susan

Since slide video is not loading, looks like you have perhaps an incompatibility. Can you re-encode the video with Adobe Media Encoder.

The playbar for event video in HTML output only appears when hovering over the bottom of the video, contrary to SWF output where it is always visible.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0