• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event video not playing on mobile

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had a problem with an mp4 event video playing on desktop but not on mobile. It took me several hours of testing to isolate the problem, so I wanted to share what I found here in case other people run into the same issue.

Here's where the problem occurred: My application has multiple event video screens. The first video played properly on both desktop and mobile. However, the second video only played on desktop, but on mobile, tapping the play button would just select the entire screen and not play the video.

Screen details:

First video screen (3 objects): event video, button (back), button (next); On Enter: Pause

Second video screen (2 objects): event video, button (done); On Enter: Pause

Solution: The only way I could get the second video to play on mobile was to rearrange the order of the buttons and video objects on each screen. On the first video screen, I moved the video object in between the two buttons. On the second video screen, I moved the video object above the button. Oddly, no other combination of video/button object ordering would work.

Hopefully, someone will find this information useful if he/she encouters a similar problem.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds VERY weird to me to have a slide Paused On Enter, when you have interactive objects (buttons) which are able to pause much later. What was the reason for this very strange use of the On Enter event?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri, you're right - the On Enter Pause isn't needed or actually even relevant here. I was just describing the slides as-is(are), but even with removing the On Enter Pause, this error still occurs. Do you have any insight as to why this would only happen on mobile? I forgot to include that it's published as HTML5 and developed in Captivate 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources