Highlighted

Event Video on Mobile

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced issues with event videos displaying on an iPad for a course published to an LMS? I encode all videos as MP4 through Adobe Media Encoder. For some reason, some videos display and play perfectly, while others won't even show up on the slide (much less play). The video object is set to display for the whole slide, so I don't believe it's a timeline issue, and they are not set to Auto Play.

I can upload the course to SCORM Cloud, start it through Chrome or Safari on an iPad, and the videos display properly. However, when I load the course to the LMS and it's loaded via the LMS app (SumTotal), I encounter the issue I described above. SumTotal support really isn't much help, so I figured I would check on this side to see if anyone has encountered the same kind of issue. I'll add that the courses are downloaded to be taken offline via the SumTotal app.

The baffling part is that all the videos are encoded the same way through Media Encoder.

I'm using Captivate 2019.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Paul Wilson, CTDP | Adobe Community Professional

The fact that it works fine when uploaded to SCORM Cloud suggests this is an LMS issue. Your title says event video which doesn't require the slide to be extended to the length of the video since event video is asynchronous with your eLearning slide. You only need the slide duration to match or exceed your video for other types of video such as slide video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Event Video on Mobile

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced issues with event videos displaying on an iPad for a course published to an LMS? I encode all videos as MP4 through Adobe Media Encoder. For some reason, some videos display and play perfectly, while others won't even show up on the slide (much less play). The video object is set to display for the whole slide, so I don't believe it's a timeline issue, and they are not set to Auto Play.

I can upload the course to SCORM Cloud, start it through Chrome or Safari on an iPad, and the videos display properly. However, when I load the course to the LMS and it's loaded via the LMS app (SumTotal), I encounter the issue I described above. SumTotal support really isn't much help, so I figured I would check on this side to see if anyone has encountered the same kind of issue. I'll add that the courses are downloaded to be taken offline via the SumTotal app.

The baffling part is that all the videos are encoded the same way through Media Encoder.

I'm using Captivate 2019.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Paul Wilson, CTDP | Adobe Community Professional

The fact that it works fine when uploaded to SCORM Cloud suggests this is an LMS issue. Your title says event video which doesn't require the slide to be extended to the length of the video since event video is asynchronous with your eLearning slide. You only need the slide duration to match or exceed your video for other types of video such as slide video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Paul.  This is a problem with your LMS.  It's possible the LMS is imposing some kind of limitation on videos that has nothing to do with their encoding.  Have you checked with the LMS administrator to see if there is some kind of filesize limitation on course modules or files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a limit but it's much higher than any courses or files I publish. Looking more and more like it's a known issue with the LMS, unfortunately. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estimado, casualmente estoy teniendo problemas con el mismo LMS, pero con un curso VR, tenía temor de encontrar usuarios con problemas en dicho LMS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, but it at least tells me it's definitely an LMS issue. I'm going to see if our administrators can log it with SumTotal to see if they will provide a resolution. If they do, I will let you know.

We have a few VR projects we're planning, so I hope we can get it resolved soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya logre resolver parte del problema, de hecho el curso lo reproduce pero ahora necesito modificar el aspecto del reproductor ya que con algunos VR BOX no se esta viendo bien el proyecto

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group