Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event Video Skin Auto Hide

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Captivate 2019. When I publish a project to HTML that contains event videos, I have the perfect video skin (just the right buttons for controling the video that I want), but it auto hides when the video plays. So the user has to move the mouse to the bottom to see the controls. Is there anyway to diable auto hide on the skin contols. It works fine in preview and EXE, the skin and buttons stay visable, this is only happening when publishing to HTML which is a must for me. 

Thanks in advance. 

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The skins you are seeing when you preview it or publish to EXE are one of the defaults for SWF. Unfortunately, these skins are not available for HTML5. If you know someone with some JavaScript skills you could modify the code in your published course to not hide when the mouse moves away. Sorry I'm not that person. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I'm no JavaScript expert, but decided to poke around under the hood. Here is what I did. I created a single slide project that contained an event video. I published it and then used the feature in Chrome to inspect a web page. With the eLearning project and video running, I right-clicked and learned that when the rollover effect occurred, the playbar was dropping down by 60 pixels. I searched through the folder assets/js and opened the CPM.JS file into Notepad (you can use whatever text editor you have). I searched this file for any entry that included -60 and found the following line of Javascript:

2020-08-31_20-47-18.png

I replaced all the -60px values with a value of 0px, to see what would happen. I launched the course, and the playbar for the event video remained. Again, I'm no JavaScript expert, but this might be the solution for your situation.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources