• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Executable Output reduced viewing size

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Captivate project that I am updating.  Size dimentions are 880x700.  When I preview the course using the HTML and the "NEXT X SLIDES", the output size is fine.  When I publish as HTML, the size is fine.  But when I publish as EXE, the size has been reduced to 740x590.  This EXE version is what we use for department reviews but the text is so small that it can't easily be read.  I have opened other Captivate projects and reduction doesn't happen.  Can anyone tell me what happened to cause this and how to fix it?

(FYI:  I am using Captivate 2019 Release 11.5.1.499 on Windows 10 wiht an HP laptop.)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look for another way to review, because EXE is Flash-based, soon will not play at all.

If this is a non-responsive project, know that only F11 (Preview HTML in Browser) will show a to be trusted Preview, the other preview methods still use a temporary SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Thank you for the response.

Second: It is a non-responsibe project. 

Third: I understand you are advising that even though Flash IS still available, the EXE process is unreliable and needs to be completely discontinued.  Is there a technical reason for the unreliability?  I am wondering because my courses can still be published as EXE and work just fine, so this strange problem doesn't seem Flash related.

Fourth: Based on your solution to this problem, I am once again worried about the future of the F10 preview feature.  I've been told on three different occasions by Captivate technicians that the "PREVIEW NEXT X SLIDES" (F10) will continue to be available after the shutdown of Flash.  They have consistently indicated that it will not be impacted even though Flash seems to be a component.  Do you have any current insight on whether the F10 preview will be discontinued at the end of this year?  Or perhaps replaced with something similar that doesn't use Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For responsive projects all Preview methods use a temporary HTML5 output. I don't understand why that is not possible for a non-responsive project where most Preview methods use a temporary SWF-file. I have asked this several times...

I just know that EXE is Flash-based... wonder what will happen after the end of 2020. You may want to wait to see if it will continue, but personally I don't take the risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources