• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multiple audio files from project

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to export an audio file from one slide, but is there a way to export all of the audio files from a project featuring hundreds of slides? We are trying to recover all of the audio, and it would be nice if we could export it all or find a folder it is saved in.

Thanks,

Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you never use the Libreary? Have a look at:

Internal and External Libraries - Captivate blog

All audio used in the project is to be found in the LIbrary. Select all your audio files and export them in one work flow. Or open the library of this file in any other project and drag the audio files you want to reuse to the library from the new project One of the best features of Captivate, don't understand why those libraries (missing in the concurrent SL) are ignored.

From the library you can drag an audio file to a slide or to an object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to perform an export of all the audio files is from the Audio > Audio Management dialog.  This also gives you the option of unchecking either MP3 or WAV, depending on which format you want.  WAV is uncompressed so that would be the better choice if you intend doing some processing or intended to import into another course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, that is a good alternative and I like the filter functionality (wav-mp3) but Audio management will only show the used audio files (probably not an issue) used as slide audio and as object audio (if you check that option). However audio clips that are started with teh Play Audio command will not show in the Audio Management. Or do I miss a setting? I have launched a feature request several times.

In CP2017 I also have inconsistent behavior of the Usage nyumbers in the LIbrary. It often happens that that number is set to 0 whereas the audio clip is used in the course, and can be found with Find in Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried both approach using Captivate 9 as I also need to export in bulk 189 audio files. Didn't work. Not sure if I missed a step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources