• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Captivate to....?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten a trial of Adobe Connect because it seems to be the only way I can test my work. I would really like to be able to use it directly in Canvas, but that doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone had any luck with Canvas?

There does not appear to be an option to publish as html5, so a webserver is required? Is there a way to just host a Captivate session on a random website (Wix, GoDaddy, etc.)?

How else can I use what I've created without spending another small fortune for Adobe Connect?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot speak for Canvas but there is an option to publish as HTML5 from Captivate.

Getting your files on a webserver would be a great way to test some functionality but you would need an LMS to verify any quizzing/grading sorts of functionality.

Captivate files can be made available on a website and work great.

You also ask about a way to  "host a Captivate session"  but Captivate does not work that way if I understand your meaning correctly. The published files would be asynchronous in and of themselves and all you need to do is provide the link but you could certainly present them synchronously via a resource such as Adobe Connect or Zoom, etc.

Hopefully this is helpful in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Canvas is a LMS. It may require you to publish a SCORM compliant output. That means you have to set up Reporting under Quiz Preferences. It is not really necessary to have a quiz, criterion can also be based on slide views. When you publish to HTML5 the output folder will automatically be zipped and have all the files needed to upload as a SCO.

It is perfectly possible to publish to HTML5 which can be used in a website or uploaded to a webserver (JSON support is necessary). 

I don't see any link with Adobe Connect? Maybe you mix up with Captivate Prime which is another LMS (like Canvas)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources