Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extraneous Submit Button

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have seen an extra Submit button in some Captivate 9 modules where there is no need for it. It doesn't show up until running the module in Preview. There is no text entry box on the offending or previous slide nor are they quiz slides. It seems like they randomly appear.

Anyone have ideas on howto permanent resolve the problem? In the past, I put added a box that matches the background to cover up the Submit button.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue appeared a couple of times on the forum. Can you check the exact version you are using (Help, About...)? The most recent version is 9.0.2.437.

Covering up the button is not a solution, certainly not for SWF output because the button under a static object remains active.

Did you check the master slides? Or could it be a shape button timed for the rest of the project sitting on a slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you.

I am using 9.0.2.321.

The Submit button is not in the Master slides nor is it in the timeline. It doesn't appear until the slide is in Preview. 

I agree covering it up is not an optimal solution but I couldn't think of a way to eliminate the button. And it isn't just this module; I have seen the same issue in at least two other modules by other people. All three of us started each module independently of one another; we didn't take an existing module, copy it over and then make modifications. In other words, the button doesn't originate from the same source/module.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version has still some bugs, please update to 9.0.2.437.

Personally I never has such an issue, something seems to be corrupt. Do you clear the cache regularly? Are the Projects (Publish at) and Cache folders both on your system, not on a networked drive? When installing the patch, did you follow the instructions in the release notes to clear the Preferences and some folders in Public documents. It is perfectly possible that by copying an existing module that had a theme created in an older version, this issue appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should also mention that this is not a quiz slide. Just plain ol' content with no interactivity on this slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly suspect a corrupted theme, upgraded from a older version.

Could you try to copy/paste to a new project, using a theme of the present version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still prevalent in Captivate 2019.

It is caused by the Submit button having a Locked size and position.

If you uncheck the Lock Size and Position checkbox under the Properties tab for the button you can then delete it.

Be aware that a second Submit button may then be revealed; this can be removed in the same manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources