Highlighted

Fade Out Object Audio

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a predicament. I am using Captivate 9 and want narration and background music across 21 slides, but they are two separate files. Not thinking, I put my narration in and lined up all my transitions and animations to my narration, only to discover that I can't have two audio files. I found the trick to adding audio to an object on a slide and having it run across multiple slides. This works .... kind of. My concerns are:

1. I have it on my first slide and it runs until slide 16. That's OK, I just copied and pasted and started it again on slide 17. However, I can't get it to fade out. I put a fade out on the object and it just abruptly stops on the last slide. Why is this so complicated?

2. If the adding audio to an object solution doesn't work, what is my workaround?

I have spent a ton of hours trying to figure out how to add background music. I am obviously frustrated and need a solution that will work. Thanks in advance for the help!

Lilybiri is right - use background audio for your background music. You can check Stop Background Audio (Options tab) on slides where it is not wanted.

Add background audio through the Audio menu

For fadeout you can use Assign cpCmndVolume with a value in percent (of full volume) a few times with a short delay between. something like

Make sure that this action is only triggered AFTER your narration is done and that you reset cpCmndVolume to 100 on Enter of the next slide that has any sound. If there is nothing for the user to click after the narration that could trigger the fadeout, you could insert one extra slide that has the fadeout action on Enter, then continues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fade Out Object Audio

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a predicament. I am using Captivate 9 and want narration and background music across 21 slides, but they are two separate files. Not thinking, I put my narration in and lined up all my transitions and animations to my narration, only to discover that I can't have two audio files. I found the trick to adding audio to an object on a slide and having it run across multiple slides. This works .... kind of. My concerns are:

1. I have it on my first slide and it runs until slide 16. That's OK, I just copied and pasted and started it again on slide 17. However, I can't get it to fade out. I put a fade out on the object and it just abruptly stops on the last slide. Why is this so complicated?

2. If the adding audio to an object solution doesn't work, what is my workaround?

I have spent a ton of hours trying to figure out how to add background music. I am obviously frustrated and need a solution that will work. Thanks in advance for the help!

Lilybiri is right - use background audio for your background music. You can check Stop Background Audio (Options tab) on slides where it is not wanted.

For fadeout you can use Assign cpCmndVolume with a value in percent (of full volume) a few times with a short delay between. something like

Make sure that this action is only triggered AFTER your narration is done and that you reset cpCmndVolume to 100 on Enter of the next slide that has any sound. If there is nothing for the user to click after the narration that could trigger the fadeout, you could insert one extra slide that has the fadeout action on Enter, then continues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background audio can be combined with slide audio, don't understand what you want, it looks like you don't use Background type of audio at all?

Object audio is different. Beware: pauses and pausing points hae different effects depending on the type of auio used.

I recently published this blog post, which has an interactive rescalable movie attached to illustrate the behavior of the different audio types when the Pause button is used, or a Pausing point on a slide or from an interactive object is bumped on.  You can have a look at:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/06/pausing-timeline-audio-clips/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2018 1