Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fade-Transition not working properly

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When creating a cptx-project containing cpvc-slides, some slide-transitions dont work properly. This concerns every transition from a cptx-file to a cpvc-file (the other way works fine). The result is that the fade-transitions get interrupted, the loading-item (see picture below) appears quickly and afterwards the transition ends an the cpvc-video continues. This means that I dont have a nice transition between a slide without video to a slide with a video. Does anybody have the same issue or knows how to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Adrian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention which version of Captivate you are using, which type of project and output.

Slide transitions are not supported for HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Captivate 2019, its a .cptx project and the output is MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide transitions are flash-based. Why do you not create one cpvc-file with multiple clips, and use the real video transitions that are available in the Video Demo editor?

The most recent version is 11.0.1.266  Can you check please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Captivate for one week now. Is it possible to create several cpvc-files, put them to one file which is separated by transitions? And I can add text to speech to it afterwards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I told that I always have multiple individual movie clips in one cpvc file. That is not done by importing individual cpvc files, but by recording all clips in the same file. Once the first is done, you put the playhead at the end of the first clip and use Insert, Video Recording to capture the second clip etc....

Another workflow is to split a cpvc file in multiple clips, and you can also add video transitions.

I strongly recommend to take some training.  Captivate is much underestimated, it is a very rich applications with so many features that mastering them just by asking questions or watch (sometimes questionalbel) YouTube videos is certainly not the best way to acquire good practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

About TTS: it is not embedded in cpvc files like it is in cptx-files. The big problem with any video is synchronizing visual and audio. I always do a draft narration while recording, to have at least a visual tempo that  could fit with the audio.  if the draft audio is not good enough, I either try to edit it in Audition to improve the quality or I record a definite version in Audition, using the same notes as for the draft. You have no control over TTS tempo.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources