Highlighted

Fail Quiz Force Module Repeat

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any easy way to have the learner be forced to repeat a learning module if they fail the quiz twice?

MacLean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fail Quiz Force Module Repeat

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any easy way to have the learner be forced to repeat a learning module if they fail the quiz twice?

MacLean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number of attempts on quiz level is stored in a quizzing system variable 'cpQuizInfoAttempts', which is incremented when reaching the score slide (where you have the Retake button).

Create an advanced action to be triggered by the On Enter event of that Score slide. It will be like this:

IF cpQuizInfoAttempts is greater than 2

Jump slide....           the first content slide or the first slide

ELSE

Continue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri!  I appreciate your help.  Since I'm such a beginner and this is my first Captivate project,  can I follow up please and ask how and where do I add the coding you gave me to force a retake of the Module?

MacLean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Score slide, for the On Enter event:

OnEnter.PNG

In the screenshot you see the Properties panel of a slide, Actions tab has the two events, you need the On Enter event. In your case this needs to be the Score slide (mine is another slide).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group