Highlighted

Fatal error occurs when importing powerpoint file

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't import a powerpoint to Captivate.

When I tried with pptx file, there was the error - fatal error has occured and the application is being terminated.

And with ppt file, it still didn't work and the program said that it can't be open because the file is damaged.

I am not sure how I can solve this, even reinstall several times but it never works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fatal error occurs when importing powerpoint file

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't import a powerpoint to Captivate.

When I tried with pptx file, there was the error - fatal error has occured and the application is being terminated.

And with ppt file, it still didn't work and the program said that it can't be open because the file is damaged.

I am not sure how I can solve this, even reinstall several times but it never works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2019 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some component on one of the slides in the PPT deck that is damaged, not necessarily the entire deck.

Try importing just small groups of slides at a time (e.g 10) until you find the group that triggers the error.  Then use a process of elimination to find the slide and component causing the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2019 0