Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Error while publishing in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fatalerror.png

We are trying to publish a file in SWF/HTML, and also using SCORM 1.2 for publishing.

Trying to create SWF and HTML together is giving me the error as seen in the screenshot. We want to make it compatible with the LMS.

One solution I have for this is to copy all the slides with audio and animation to a new source file and publish. This is still tricky, as I have some rework on the small setting completed on each slide. The audio was coming up well on all slides.

Is there another resolution to this? is this a known error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PubHTML.png

Flash Player will be dead soon in all browsers. I already recommended last year never to publish to both SWF and HTML5 in one publishing action. Since EOL of Flash player was announced  years ago, version for SWF and HTML5 became rather different. Of course the focus of the team is only on HTML5 at this moment. Can you publish to HTML5 only? Do you see differences with F11 and F12 Previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

We will be eventually moving on to the HTML files. Although the above solution worked for us to make the file functional.

That allowed me to put a thought to the way of working with Captivate source files. Can we have two separate Captivate source files merge into one single file without the fear of loosing any animation or scripts (click to reveal, interactions etc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a pretty difficult question to answer. You can copy/paste slides between open files. If by 'animations' you mean Effects applied to objects, time-based, no problem. However when you are talking about advanced actions, the answer is less clear. I would need to see those actions. Personally I prefer to use Shared actions whenever possible, because it makes it a lot easier to reuse the action in another projects. Main problem is the unique ID (name) needed for each object. When pasting in a new project, the smart labeling will create a new name which is similar to the original, but not the same. That means that actions can be broken if they are advanced actions. Easy to fix with shared actions, lot more cumbersome with advanced actions. Another problem are actions triggered by On Enter slide events.

Please, do not publish to SWF anymore, EOL of Flash player is really imminent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources