• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback disappearing too quickly. How do you lengthen the duration of feedback messages?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using custom feedback for quiz questions and have checked the Pause to Display Feedback button in the quiz properties. However, it only pauses for like 2 to 3 seconds so learners do not have time to read the entire feedback message before it disappears. 

How or where do you set the pause time for this feedback pause to make it a longer period of time that allows learners to read the feedback before it disappears? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly the reason for the two-step Submit process, to allows the learner to read the feedback message for as long as needed before clicking the slide or pressing 'Y'.

See:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

Apparently you have overruled that Submit process. Without having any details about HOW you overruled it, there is no way to help you out. There are several ways to tweak the process, here are some:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/04/quiz-tweak-4-submit-process/

It is even possible that you are not talking about the default quiz slides but about custom slides.... 

Lot of questions needed to clarify. Please tell also which exact version you are using as mentioned under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am using the latest version of Captivate (have a subscription). 

I also forgot to mention that these quiz "questions" are actually interactions within simulations that were created with the Asessment feature in the Software simulation funciton of the program. So there were no Submit buttons to begin with, bo my knowledge. It just automatically "includes them in quiz" unless you uncheck that. It also gives correct or incorrect feedback but there is no Submit button as the Submit is actually when they click on the appropriate hot spot they need to click on in the software. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question was indeed very confusing, since you were not at all talking about 'quiz questions'. 

For simple feedback messages:

• select the feedback message 
  • open the Timing Properties panel
  • change the duration to what you want; default duration is 3 seconds:
    FBDuration.png

In the screenshot I highlighted the hamburger menu.  You can use it to apply the new duration to all the items with the same style.

Be careful: most included themes and the QSPs have a bug where all feedback messages use the Success style, instead of the correct style for Failure and other messages. Same bug as was also in the first release of CP2017 is still there in 11.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources