• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finalizing an e-Learning Presentation

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to Captivate but have become fairly proficient in creating a presentation.

The issue I am having is finalizing the presentation when all content has been reviewed.

To add context:

- I have a main menu that branches into 4 different sections/topics.

- There are approximately 6 slides in each section including quizzes/activities.

- Once each section is complete, they are brought back to the main menu so they may review other sections.

I envisioned the learner being brought back to the main menu once all content has been reviewed and a "exit" or "complete" button would appear and they may exit the module.

This is where I run into issues.

I am told that Advanced Actions would do the trick but any tutorials I see are not specific enough to what I am trying to accomplish........or I am just not getting the concept.

Any assistance or suggestions anyone can provide on how to finalize this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Take a look at this tutorial: Create a Dynamic Menu Slide in Adobe Captivate | Infosemantics Pty Ltd 

It's a bit old now and doesn't show more recent innovations in Captivate such as Object States which could accomplish some of the same things more simply, but perhaps it will help you get the idea of how to use Variables and Conditional Actions to do what you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this tutorial: Create a Dynamic Menu Slide in Adobe Captivate | Infosemantics Pty Ltd 

It's a bit old now and doesn't show more recent innovations in Captivate such as Object States which could accomplish some of the same things more simply, but perhaps it will help you get the idea of how to use Variables and Conditional Actions to do what you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video, this does put things into perspective.

I have used the state view function to change the state of images upon revisit once a section is complete instead of using advanced actions as you have done in the video.

Not sure if this is a good method or not but is there still a way to create the "All done" advanced action even though I have not used advanced actions for each section? or is the "all done" completely dependent on the advanced actions created for each section?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The All Done action relies on the fact that completion of each section is tracked by a variable.  As each section is completed by the user, that particular variable is assigned a value that indicates its completion.  E.g. changed from a default value of 0 to 1 when completed.

The big Conditional Action that gets executed every time the Menu Slide is visited, has a decision block near the end that looks at all of these variables in one go and if they are all set to 1, then it knows that all sections have been completed and the action to show the extra button is executed (in addition to all the other actions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again RodWard.

I followed your instructional video which made it a whole lot easier than I thought it would be.

Works great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's good to hear.  My apologies for the fact that I haven't gotten around to updating that tutorial with more up to date content.  Too much work on at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have described this workflow multiple times, in blogs and on this forum. Since that is not clear enough for you, which type of learner are you? Which version so you use? What did you do so far:

• create one Boolean user variable for each chapter, with a default value of 0. It should be toggled to 1 with the back button on the last slide of each chapter, in combination with Jump to dashboard slide (advanced or shared action)
  • If you use buttons on the dashobard slide, they'll have three InBuilt states (Normal, Rollover, Down). You can add the 4th state Visited, and check the option to retain State when revisiting the slide. That was the learner will see which chapter he has visited already.
  • Create a conditinoal advanced action to be triggered On Enter for the Dashboard slide. It has to check the value of the variables associated with the chapters. If they all are equal to 1, you show the exit of complete button. That button can be hidden by default by making it invisible in output, or it can be hidden if the condition is not fulfilled in the conditional action.

In CP2019, version 11.5 has Quick Start Projects. All have that type of dashboard slide, which you describe.

BTW a presentation to me is totally different from eLearning, but that is just word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources