• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid box resizing smartshape object

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a smart shape turned into a button with an image fill (29 x29), and the fluid box is a height of 35px with padding of H-2 V-6px. When I drag the shape into the fluid box it resizes it larger (35x35). How do I keep the fluid box from resizing shapes or images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

You'll have to uncheck it When you talk about padding was that in the button or in the fluid box?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Stretch to Fit selected n the Fluid box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do (if you mean stretch to fit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to uncheck it When you talk about padding was that in the button or in the fluid box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the fluid box. Can you add padding to a smart shape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting the box in Properties to Maintain Aspect Ratio of the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it was already checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, is labeled 'margins' in a shape.. Can I see the Properties of the parent fluid box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was originally worried that the image fill may have been stretched. Since then, I have learned just the shape is resized not the fill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. Working in 2019.

I am having a similar issue - and I am new to fluid boxes so I find various things frustrating.

One of them is that, even when I untick "stretch to fit" - the smart shapes / buttons still stretch to fit when they are dragged into the fluid box!

And then in the position panel, I have the ability to edit only one of either height/ width - in this test case the height, and even though "maintain aspect ratio" is enabled, the button only changes height, and I am unable to change the width at all! So I am left with this long button.

Only way it seems then to change the shape, is to add padding to the fluid box, divide the fluid box, and add more objects to the fluid box.

Another thing then with the fluid box and shapes, is that they keep affecting each other's values - and it seems impossible to have a row of buttons with the exact same width and height, because changing one makes the others adjust ever so slightly.

Removing buttons from a row results in the remaining buttons stretching out more and more each time one is removed...

Is this a bug or is there some kind of workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, using Fluid Boxes is not easy at all.  Although having a lot of expertise with Captivate, when those boxes appeared it took me 3 months to get familiar with their functionalities.

Try to avoid combining settings in the Position Properties panel with setting up fluid boxes. You may need a lot more fluid boxes to get the result you want. 

A text only explanation is not always relevant, please try to add some screenshots to explain exactly what you want, and what you have tried without getting the expected result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, and sorry for my super late reply...
I will need to delve a lot more into fluid boxes, but what I was working on as an option was rather replaced by the traditional device views for 'responsiveness', so I will rather not spend project time on fleshing out the question now with screenshots, etc.

Will get back to this thread when I have to face the complexity of fluid boxes in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed a long time, didn't remember this answer at all.

You are wise, acknowledging that fluid boxes are not as easy to use as the marketing people claim. I suppose by 'traditional' you mean that you have used a non-responsive project published with the option Scalable HMTL checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources