Highlighted

Fluid box resizing smartshape object

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a smart shape turned into a button with an image fill (29 x29), and the fluid box is a height of 35px with padding of H-2 V-6px. When I drag the shape into the fluid box it resizes it larger (35x35). How do I keep the fluid box from resizing shapes or images?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

You'll have to uncheck it When you talk about padding was that in the button or in the fluid box?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fluid box resizing smartshape object

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a smart shape turned into a button with an image fill (29 x29), and the fluid box is a height of 35px with padding of H-2 V-6px. When I drag the shape into the fluid box it resizes it larger (35x35). How do I keep the fluid box from resizing shapes or images?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

You'll have to uncheck it When you talk about padding was that in the button or in the fluid box?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Stretch to Fit selected n the Fluid box?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do (if you mean stretch to fit)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the fluid box. Can you add padding to a smart shape?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting the box in Properties to Maintain Aspect Ratio of the object.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it was already checked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, is labeled 'margins' in a shape.. Can I see the Properties of the parent fluid box?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was originally worried that the image fill may have been stretched. Since then, I have learned just the shape is resized not the fill. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0