• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid Box Text Flow between slides

Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beginning a project in Cp 2019 (Windows) and wondered if there is any way to flow text content between Fluid Boxes (or any other type text boxes) between slides, similar to reflow between text boxes on linked separate pages in Frame Maker. Some of the text is longer than fits on a single slide and could benefit from responsive flowing to the next slide.

I suspect this is not possible, but new to using Fluid Boxes, thought I'd ask to be sure before creating a work-around to present larger amounts of text.

For example, a work-around for larger amounts of text on a single slide: the overflowed text calls up a scrollbar for scrolling that text.

Any suggestions appreciated.

(BTW new Cp 2019 is impressive!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Captivate is an eLearning authoring tool, not a desktop publisher like Framemaker or InDesign.

I will not talk about avoiding long texts in eLearning, but flowing between text frames is not possible in Captivate at all, especially not in fluid boxes. You will have seen that when shrinking the width of the screen there may be an icon appearing when the minimum font size is reached and the test doesn't fit in the caption or shape anymore (fluid box is not a text container, only shapes and captions)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is an eLearning authoring tool, not a desktop publisher like Framemaker or InDesign.

I will not talk about avoiding long texts in eLearning, but flowing between text frames is not possible in Captivate at all, especially not in fluid boxes. You will have seen that when shrinking the width of the screen there may be an icon appearing when the minimum font size is reached and the test doesn't fit in the caption or shape anymore (fluid box is not a text container, only shapes and captions).

Some ways to have more text on one slide is to use one of the Learning interactions: Tabs, Accordion, Process Circle, Pyramids, Timeline of Circle Matrx. For really long text that you want to have nicely formatted, use a link to a pdf.

Another learning interactions is the Scrolling Text interaction which wiil get a vertical scrollbar when text doesn't fit anymore. But do not expect to style the text.... I only use that interaction as alternative for a Text Entry Box myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lilybiri, for these suggestions.

I'll check out the Learning interactions. My alternative will be to use FM or RH instead for this project.

Again, thank you very much for this helpful answer.

Best Wishes,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. All depends on what you expect from this project. I preferred Framemaker over InDesign when I had to create written courses. Not so familiar with RoboHelp but know what it is used for. Captivate (and Photoshop in collaboration with it) is my preferred tool for all eLearning courses, and it has so much flexibility that I never tired or got bored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources