• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid boxes and clickable buttons

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure out this responsive project with the fluid boxes. The last project I did was not responsive so the fluid boxes have been new to me. The one thing I can’t figure out of how to put in Vertical buttons but have the content be horizontal.

Part of the problem seems to be fluid boxes being grayed out when I try to add more with the template they gave me. Here is what I see when trying to add more fluid boxes to the middle box.

2019-11-30_2220.png

I would like to add buttons like this one for the text to appear like from a previous project:

2019-11-30_2222.png

Anyways, I experimented with having the template as a master slide and It seems to work better:

2019-11-30_2211_001.png

Even with that, I still can't seem to make it work because I need the shapes horzontal to the text but vertical to each other. Do I need a third fluid box for the smart shape buttons??? 

2019-12-02_2043.png

TOPICS
Advanced , Getting started , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a template, which is a cptl file, or a project using a specific theme? 

Which version do you use, as mentioned under Help, About Captivate?

Fluid boxes button is grayed out when a fluid box has content. You can only add fluid boxes to an empty fluid box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

It is just a specific theme, a cptx file, not a template file. I am using captivate the 2019 version. 

Thank you for the content help. 
I didn't realize adding content did that! So simple!

Any advice on lining up the buttons? I'm thinking I need to use 3 fluid boxes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is that you didn't have any training on fluid boxes, which are a lot less easy than the marketing people claim. In one of the screenshots which has a timeline, I see that some objects are not IN a fluid box at all, are you aware of that? 

There are many ways to align the buttons, in one fluid box or in multiple fluid boxes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, That is what I ended up just doing. I ended up just splitting it into 3 different fluid boxes so the buttons had their own box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always reflect if you really need a Fluid Boxes project, There are other ways to make a course accessible from all devices. Have a look at this comparison:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-or-breakpoint-views

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources