• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid Boxes AND closed captioning... can I have it all?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that must be in fluid boxes, and the project itself is basically a video player.

Am I understanding the following correctly?

An event video can be in a fluid box, but cannot have closed captioning. And a Multi-Slide Synchronized Video is able to have closed captioning but cannot be placed in a fluid box?

I'd like to have a video contained within a fluid box that has closed captioning.

Any workaround to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, ,I even don't see why you use Fluid Boxes for a video player at all?

Closed captioning is only possible for a video which is synchronized with the timeline, same as for audio, is only possible with slide audio because that is synchronized with the timeline as well. That is logical (at least to me, but I am a timeline freak). Event video is totally independent of that timeline, cannot even be controlled by pauses on the timeline. For that reason it has its own control panel, and you can have multiple event videos on one slide, which can have different durations. Same for a multistate object with video: has to be event video since the duration of the videos can be different.

Fluid Boxes have several limitations. Are you sure that you cannot use a Rescalable, non-responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply!

I'm trying to build a Lynda.com-style chaptered video for a course. This will be embedded into Canvas and be accessed on a wide range of devices which is why I'm trying to tackle it with fluid boxes (see screenshots). I'm not sure the rescalable, non-response project will get me there.. but not having closed captions is not an option so maybe I need to rethink this whole layout.

Again, thanks for your time!!

Captivate_Responsive_Project.jpgCaptivate_Responsive_Project-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the reason for the fluid boxes. Breakpoint views is an alternative, have never used CC for them and it is a lot more work than Fluid Boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In either of the layouts you show it would appear that playing the content in Landscape mode would be best.  If that is the case, I don't really see the case for using any form of responsive design over just using normal scaling design.  You'll save yourself a lot of angst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for chiming in! I really appreciate the outside-of-my-own-head opinions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources