• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMR Edit Options Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the "Trim" option in Captivate 2019 for an FRM slide recorded during a Software Simulation.  I want to split the slide so I can pause it for a moment in the middle.  When I do this, the new slide I am getting is a totally different size.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would avoid FMR slides for HTML output. Replace them by Video Demo slides. Moreover if this is a software sim in Demo mode, please replace the sim by a Video Demo. You will have a lot more editing functionality with its editor.

I really don't understand why the 'size' would change, because all slides in a cptx project have by definition the same resolution/size. Can you explain what you exactly mean, maybe by inserting a screenshot? Trim is not the same as Split (which is possible for a Video Demo). I suppose you duplicated the slide and trimmed different parts on both slides? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the wrong term.  I "split" the file.  The additional slide is much bigger.  These are the 2 slides.  You can see they look totally different in size.  I checked the magnification and it is at 75% for both.  All I did was "split" them.  I changed nothing else.

Tracyrobinson22_0-1608142930394.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have no idea what happens, since I haven't used any FMR slide since the EOL of Flash player was announced over 3 years ago. Sure you didn't zoom during the capture? Slide itself is still the same, it is the view that seems to be zoomed. Normally FRM is SWF-based but should be converted to mp4 on publishing. Did you try (to test) to publish? You may have even bigger problems, as many users already mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources