Highlighted

Font Size and Fluid Boxes

New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Similar to another query around fluid boxes and apologies I am no expert.

I have developed a responsive project in Captivate 2019. All looks fine on my slides, but when I preview them some of the slides have much smaller text. I imagine this is to do with the fact it is a responsive project and it has scaled down for some reason, but I'm trying to work out what changes I can make so that it doesn't scale down. I have simplified the slides in question considerably and they aren't particularly busy with text or images.

Any idea how I can tell what I can do on my slides to make them look best? I think this is similar to break point and that there must be a stage where it goes from one size to the next, but I can't see why it is doing this. Around 40 slides and issues with about 6 of them.

Any help or pointer appreciated. I have just run an update to latest version.

Kind regards

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font Size and Fluid Boxes

New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Similar to another query around fluid boxes and apologies I am no expert.

I have developed a responsive project in Captivate 2019. All looks fine on my slides, but when I preview them some of the slides have much smaller text. I imagine this is to do with the fact it is a responsive project and it has scaled down for some reason, but I'm trying to work out what changes I can make so that it doesn't scale down. I have simplified the slides in question considerably and they aren't particularly busy with text or images.

Any idea how I can tell what I can do on my slides to make them look best? I think this is similar to break point and that there must be a stage where it goes from one size to the next, but I can't see why it is doing this. Around 40 slides and issues with about 6 of them.

Any help or pointer appreciated. I have just run an update to latest version.

Kind regards

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not similar to breakpoints, where in between breakpoints the font size is fixed. In Fluid Boxes projects the font size decreases gradually when the resolution decreases. No real control except for the minimum font size and having all similar items decrease to same font size whatever the size of the text container (>Enable Uniform Text Scaling). I showed this in:

Tips for 'Fluid' Quiz Slides - Captivate blog

You are on 11.0.1.266. You can use the Position Properties panel (same you know from Breakpoints). Use that for objects where you don't want them to scale down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will investigate and feedback. Much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019 0