• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts have changed in ALL Captivate projects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a Captivate 8 file (.cptx) as a template/placeholder in multiple projects.  I customized the original file, including changing fonts, then used 'save as' to create many new courses from the "template".  Today I opened one of the captivate projects and the fonts had reverted back to the original file, then realized that ALL my Captivate files had reverted back.

The projects are stored on both my PC's hard drive and on a network drive.  I verified that the fonts in all the Captivate files are also wrong when opened by a coworker on another PC, to rule out that it is my Captivate preferences or settings.

Any thoughts on why this may have happened?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you're on a different computer, have updated your OS, are using a different login, or no longer accessing a shared drive that hosted the fonts?

Are the fonts under DRM that may have expired, or in a folder that has it's permissions changed?

Remember, even though you can 'see' the folder of a shared drive, if you no longer have "write" permissions it may trigger Captivate to replace the fonts when you open the Cp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you BDuckWorks for your response.  I don't believe it is any of the things you mentioned.  I have not updated my OS nor changed computers.  The issue occurs on my computer as well as my coworker's when accessing the courses from a shared drive.  Also, projects stored on my local drive are also changing - reverting back to the original template's font.

I would think there was an issue with the font folder on my computer, but it is also happening on my coworker's.

These were all very good suggestions.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same issue. Make sure you are logged into the Creative Cloud; otherwise Adobe Captivate will change all your fonts in all of your projects to something else.

Moderator: this answer is not valid for the question at all, which was not about Typekit, Adobe fonts but about normal fonts. The functionality to use Adobe fonts in Captivate appeared with CP2017, this thread was for an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources